Bronze Fennel and Bitter Gourd
Chocolate fondant, raspberry sorbet, bittergourd jelly
BRONZE FENNEL AND BITTERGOURD JELLY
- 1 cup chopped bitter gourd
- 3 tbsp g olden fennel fonds, chopped (and extra for garnish)
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup sugar (or to taste)
- Juice of 3 limes
- ¼ cup water
- 1-2 sticks lemongrass, crushed
- Halve the bitter gourd, chop and toss in salt and leave to sit for 30 minutes to remove the bitterness
- Rinse well.
- Melt the butter and sugar together and add the bitter gourd
- Add the sugar, lime juice and lemongrass (make sure the lemongrass is crushed so the flavour can be released.
- Cook over a low heat for 20 minutes or until soft and fragrant, remove the lemongrass and blend with a stick blender until smooth and puree like.
INSTANT RASPBERRY SORBET
- 300g frozen raspberries
- Sugar to taste (or let’s do 2 Tbsp hibiscus syrup)
- 1 Tbsp hibiscus tea leaves
- 4 Tbsp chickpea brine
- Pulse the raspberries until they form a rough paste.
- Add the sugar or hibiscus syrup and 1/4 cup aquafaba while processing the whole time.
- Serve immediately or spoon out and freeze until needed.
DARK CHOCOLATE FONDANT
- 25g melted butter, for brushing
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- 100g good quality dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 100g butter, in small pieces
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs and 2 yolks
- 100g plain flour
- 4 white lindor balls
- Generous pinch of salt
- Line 4 dariole moulds or 4 ramekins with butter and then cocoa.
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Whip the eggs and sugar until light and foamy.
- Sift the flour over the egg mix and fold through.
- Fold the chocolate through.
- Divide between 4 dariole moulds.
- Chill for 20 minutes if possible.
- Bake at 200C for 10-12 minutes.
WHITE CHOC CRUMBS
- 100g white chocolate (at least 20 percent cocoa butter)
- Chop the white chocolate and spread it on a baking paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 130C until golden brown - about 10 minutes. Leave to cool and use as desired.