- 30g melted butter (brushing mould)
- 2 tsp cocoa (dusting mould)
- 100g dark chocolate (chopped)
- 100g butter (chopped)
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 + 2 eggs + yolks
- 100g plain flower
Berry Coulis sauce
- 100g mixed berries
- 50g caster sugar
- Brush melted butter all over the inside of the pudding mold. Place the mold in the fridge or freezer. Brush more melted butter over the chilled butter, then add a good spoonful of cocoa powder into the mold. Tip the mold so the powder completely coats the butter.
- Place a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, then slowly melt dark chocolate and butter together. Remove the bowl from the heat, leave to cool for about 10 mins.
- Whisk eggs and egg yolks together with golden caster sugar until thick and pale. Sift flour into the eggs, then beat together.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture in thirds, beating well between each addition, until all the chocolate is added, and the mixture is completely combined.
- Tip the fondant batter into a jug, then evenly divide between the molds.
- Heat oven to 200C. Place the fondants on a baking tray, then cook for 10-12 mins until the tops have formed a crust and they are starting to come away from the sides of their molds.
- For the sauce, heat mixed berries and sugar together in a saucepan while crushing berries into a pulp.