Crispy Prawn Tacos with Asian Slaw
Come Dine With Me South Africa S8: Ep2 Michael's recipes
- 2 cups Flour
- 1.5 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 12 King Prawns
- ½ cup Sour cream
- 4 Limes
- 1 bag Asian slaw mix (lettuce, cabbage, carrot, beetroot, red pepper, coriander)
- 1 cup Asian slaw dressing (chopped garlic, chopped ginger, chilli ;flakes, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame seed oil)
- 0.5L Cooking oil
- Make tacos by combining flour, baking powder and water. Knead out the dough and allow to rest for 20min covered by dish cloth. Once rested, roll out small plate sized tacos to 2mm thick and sprinkle with flour on both sides.
- Prepare Asian slaw by thinly slicing lettuce, cabbage, carrots, beetroot, red pepper and coriander. Then combine in one salad bowl.
- Prepare salad dressing by add chopped ginger (1 teaspoon), garlic (1 teaspoon), ½ teaspoon chilli flakes, 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil, 1 teaspoon rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 3 Dessert spoons honey, salt. Mix together well and place in fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
- Deshell and clean prawns, Marinade with lime, chilli, salt & pepper, then batter by dipping in corn flour, then egg and then into breadcrumbs.
- Preheat pot with oil for 10minutes till hot, then fry prawns for 1 minutes on each side (2 minutes total) and remove and place in bowl with bed of roller towel to remove excess oil.
- Finely chop coriander, then combine in bowl with sour cream and 2 x tablespoons of lime.
- Fry tacos in dry pan on medium-high heat for 1 min on each side and remove and place tacos in basket covered.
- Combine ingredients by starting with taco, add 2 tablespoons of Asian slaw mix, then add 2 table spoons of salad dressing, 1 table spoon of sour cream mixture and top with crumbed prawn.