For The Churros
- 240ml water
- 85g salted butter
- 13g castor sugar
- 120g flour
- 3 larg eggs
- Cinnamon sugar (as desired)
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 2/3 cups chocolate chips
For The Ice Cream
- Half cup castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons powder milk
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons glucose syrup
- 1 1/3 cups milk and whipping cream
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup lavender buds
- Mix sugar, milk, and gum in a bowl and stir
- Add milk and glucose into a pan and stir
- Add the sugar mixture and stir and let simmer until the sugar has dissolved (do not boil)
- Add the cream to the mixture and set aside overnight.
- Boil water and honey then take off heat and add lavender. Cover and leave overnight to steep.
- Add milk and lavender mixture (after straining lavender buds) and churn in ice cream machine for 20-25 minutes- freeze till ready to serve
- For the churros: bring the water, butter, salt and sugar to a rolling boil over medium-high heat. When it boils, immediately take the pan off the heat.
- Add the flour to mixture and mix till it all comes together. Return to heat and cook for 30 seconds
- Mix with hand mixer or stand mixer and egg 1 egg at a time, add vanilla. Mix until glossy
- Heat oil to 188 degrees
- use muffin tins to make cups or make any desired shape
- fry for 90 seconds on each side until golden brown.
- Dip in cinnamon sugar before serving with ice cream
- for chocolate sauce: add all ingredients together and pop into microwave before putting as a side or drizzle on the ice cream
Purple food colouring is totally optional.