Come Dine With Me South Africa S8: Ep1 Qudsiya's recipes
- 1 Egg
- 1.5 Onion
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Toasted Jeera (Cumin seeds)
- ½ Handful Coriander
- 4 Tbsp Desiccated coconut
- 2 Green Chillies
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 500g Plain Yoghurt
- 2.5 Cups Basmati Rice
- Pinch Saffron
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 2 packets Pre-cut Pumpkin
- 1-1.5 Tbsp
- Black Mustard seeds
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1-1.5 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Peeled Potatoes
- 1-1.5 tsp Mother-in-Law Masala
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Dhana jeera
- 2 Large eggplants thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Mother-in-law masala
- 1 Tbsp Dhana Jeera
- 1 Tbsp Fine chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ½ Juice of fresh lemon
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1.5 Tomatoes chopped
- 2 Green peppers
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 5 Whole black pepper
- 2 cloves
- 1.5 Tsp Chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp Dhana Jeera
- 1 tsp Mother-in-law spice
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 8-10 chops
- 1 Tbsp Fine Black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
- ½ Tbsp BBQ spice
- Pinch Red chilli powder
- Marinate chops in black pepper, salt, BBQ spice and ginger garlic paste and chilli powder.
- Seat on high heat in an oven proof pot/pan.
- Once seared, add water, cover and put it in to the oven for 1-2 hours until tender.
- Prepare the peppers chutney.
- Add jeera, black pepper seeds, and cloves to a pot, once the pot is hot, add the oil.
- Add sliced onions and garlic and stir.
- Add roughly chopped tomatoes and fine spices/masalas.
- Once the oil comes to the top, add cut up green peppers, add water and close the lid to cook.
- Prepare pumpkin.
- Add mustard seeds and a touch of oil to a pot
- once the seeds start popping add the pumpkin, red chilli flakes, salt and sugar.
- Add some water and let the pumpkin steam, stir occasionally. DO NOT add too much water, add a little as a time until pumpkin is soft and cooked.
- Prepare Aaloo Fry, cut potato into small blocks.
- Add some oil, and fry until it starts getting golden on each side.
- Add minced garlic and spices. Fry until cooked.
- Add all ingredients to a liquidizer
- Once fully blended add to a pot
- Add more yoghurt if needed
- Stir occasionally with a whisk
- Allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash Basmati Rice very gently and strain
- Add rice to a pot with clean water (2 Cups)
- Add turmeric, Salt and Saffron
- Strain once cooked
- Create a paste with the spices and lemon and some water, not too thick.
- Thinly coat each piece of eggplant in the spice mix
- Fry on high heat with oil
- Flip once each side is cooked
- Place on a paper towel once cooked
Garnish peppers chutney with chopped dhania.
Use other meat cuts, like spareribs, sheep’s tail or anything else you prefer.