Lindt Chocolate Tart with homemade Raspberry Ice Cream
Come Dine With Me South Africa S8: Ep7 Barbie's recipes
Recipe serves (no of people): 10 – tart; 12 – ice cream
Preparation time: Tart - 25 min + overnight chill / I/C – 35 min + 30 min cool + 2 hours churn + freeze 2 hours (optional)
- 1 x 125g pkt Ginger
- 1 x 125g pkt Regular Chuckles
- 280g Ginger biscuits
- 80g butter
- 100g Lindt dark chocolate
- 100g Regular dark chocolate
- 400g Lindt milk chocolate
- 700ml cream
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp van essence
- Two cups cream
- ¼ cup Full cream milk
- 2/3 cup White sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 Egg yolks
- 12oz Frozen Raspberries
- ¼ cup White sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla pod
- ½ cup fresh Raspberries
- 1 punnet Edible pink flowers
- Grease a 25cm tart tin with non-stick spray
- Crush chuckles with ginger biscuits & add melted butter
- Press into tin & up sides creating compact base
- Heat cream to just below boiling & pour over chopped chocolate. Allow to stand for 1 min. Stir till combined
- Add ginger, cinnamon & vanilla, whisk from centre until fully combined.
- Gently pour over base. Place in fridge overnight
- Remove from fridge 10 min before serving & decorate with Chuckles
- In a saucepan simmer cream, milk, sugar, salt over a medium-low heat stirring often.
- Do not boil mixture – it should be warm.
- Un bowl whisk egg yolks, slowly adding one cup of warm cream. Then add rest of cream & whisk until pale & fluffy.
- return whisked mixture to saucepan & heat over a medium-low heat until mixture coats back of a spoon.
- Strain mixture, cover & refrigerate till cool.
- Blend raspberries, sugar & vanilla into a pulp.
- Stir puree into chilled ice-cream base. Chill for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Place in ice-cream churner for 2 hours.
- For soft serve ice cream serve immediately or place in freezer for 2 hours to create a firmer consistency.