No – Bake Macadamia Millionaire Bar
For the base:
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 30 ml rolled oats
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp water, if required when blending
For the tahini caramel:
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
To decorate with:
- 250-350g white chocolate, melted
- Macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Gold dust combined with a splash of alcohol like vodka or brandy to make an edible paint
- For the base, prepare a loaf tin with baking paper and spray and cook. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until coarse. Using your fingers, press the base mixture into the loaf tin & set aside.
- For the tahini caramel, combine the ingredients with a hand blender until smooth and spread the mixture onto of the base. Place in the fridge overnight to set.
- Paint the roughly chopped macadamia nuts with the edible paint and set aside.
- Once the tahini caramel is set, remove the base from the tin and cut into bars about 1 1/2 – 2 fingers wide. Place the bars onto a wire rack then cover the bars in melted chocolate and decorate with the painted macadamia nuts.
- South Africa has been the world’s largest producer of the macadamia nut since the 2010’s.
- Macadamia nuts can be used in both savoury and sweet recipes or eaten as they are raw or toasted.
- You can use this easy no-bake nutty base recipe on its own as a snack bar, in the form of a truffle coated in chocolate or for tarts and other dessert recipes instead of a sweet pastry base.
- Serve this recipe as a tart instead of bars.