Ostrich Egg Spanish Tortilla
- 3-4 potato, thinly sliced
- 1 ostrich egg, beaten
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp Spanish Smoked Paprika
- 10g Parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper, to season
- Red Onion Marmalade, to serve
- Peel potatoes and leave them in water to take out all the starch. Dry them and add salt and paprika.
- Put oil into a pan & heat. Once the potatoes are a little bit fried outside lower the heat so they are somewhere between fried and boiled with onions.
- Beat the ostrich egg and parsley, the more you beat the more fluffy. Season to taste. Pour the egg over the potato and onion and cook. Once cooked, place a dinner plat on the top of the pan with your hand over the plate to support, in a careful but swift motion flip the tortilla onto the dinner plate.
- Garnish with a red onion marmalade & fresh herbs.
- Use a low to medium heat to get a good tortilla
- Use room temp eggs, like in baking - it helps to incorporate more air, in this case will result in a fluffier tortilla.