- 100g White flour
- 1 Egg
- 12 Scallops
- 2 Cobs of sweetcorn
- 1 Onion, diced
- 300ml Chicken Stock
- 50ml Water
- 50g Crème fraiche and butter
- 4 Slices of cured ham
- Dash of cumin, chipotle spice, coriander, paprika
- Mix the flour and egg together, knead to form a dough. Place dough in the fridge for at least 30 mins to rest.
- Cook diced onion, add spices over a low heat for 15 mins until soft. At the same time, place the sweetcorn cobs on a heated griddle pan, turning regularly to ensure charring but not burning. Once charred, cut the sweetcorn kernels from the cob and add to the cooked onions.
- Add water to the pan to deglaze, bringing to the boil for a minute before adding the chicken stock. Reduce heat to a simmer for 20-25 mins.
- Blend the mixture and pass through a sieve. Place the sieved mixture back into the pot and bring to a simmer, finishing with the crème fraiche and butter.
- Lay the cured ham on a baking sheet and place in an oven preheated to 180OC. Allow to cook for 5 mins or until crispy.
- Roll the pasta dough through progressively thinner settings on a pasta machine. Cut into ‘handkerchiefs’ and boil in salted water for 5 mins until al dente.
- In a heated pan, melt some butter and place the scallops in a clockwise pattern. Allow to cook for 1-1.5 mins before turning and cooking for an equal amount of time on the other side.
- Plate all elements described above.