Pavlova with Malted Cream and Fresh Strawberries
Come Dine With Me South Africa S8: Ep2 Michael's recipes
- 200g Castor Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Cream of tartar
- 4 Egg whites
- 1.5 teaspoons Corn Flour (Maizena)
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 4 tablespoons Horlicks
- 8 Fresh Strawberries
- Vanilla Extract
- Separate eggs. Combine egg whites and cream of tartar into mixing bowl, and whisk till bubbly and white (not glossy)
- Then add in combined Castor sugar and corn flour, 1 tablespoon at a time while continuously whisking the mixture.
- Continue whisking mixture till white glossy and firm enough with hard peaks, add vanilla extract.
- Pre-heat oven to 130 degrees.
- On a baking tray and baking paper (held down with little dabs on mixture in corners), add mixture in cup full amounts to create 4-6 pavlova tarts.
- Add baking tray to oven for 1 hour at 130 degrees. Once hour is complete turn off oven and open oven door slightly, and allow pavlova to cool down in oven for next 20-30 minutes
- In a separate mixing bowl combine cream and Horlicks to create malted cream and mix till cream has soft peaks.
- Add malted cream on top of cooled down pavlova’s along with fresh berries and serve.