Pecan Smoked Chicken
Come Dine With Me South Africa S8: Ep5 Kenny's recipes
- 2 whole baby chickens
- 75ml olive oil
- 100 ml lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons each: onion powder, cayenne pepper, mustard powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, lemon zest, rosemary, sage, thyme, tarragon
- 1 bottle Apple Cider vinegar
- 500g butternut
- 200g butter
- 100ml full cream milk
- 50g pine nuts
- 1 punnet Sage leaves
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 grapefruit
- to taste: Kosher Salt and black pepper
- Combine (50mI) olive oil, (75mI) lemon juice, lemon zest and spice mixture to create marinade for chicken. Rub spice on chicken, place ½ lemon inside the chicken.
- Smoke chicken in smoker with Pecan wood chips/chunks until internal temp reaches 75 degrees. Basting and spritzing with Apple Cider Vinegar every 30 minutes.
- Make brown butter by slowly cooking butter until browned. Deep fry sage leaves in butter as it gets to temp. separate sage leaves from brown butter.
- Cook butternut until soft.
- Combine butternut, brown butter, and milk into blender and blend until smooth.
- Toast pine nuts in the oven
- Thinly slice fennel bulb and mix with grapefruit segments. Toss with olive oil and lemon juice
- Place all ingredients together
NOTE: Salt and pepper to be added to all components to taste