- 1 and 2/3 cups Kilm
- 3 Elachi (green)
- Pinch Saffron
- 3 Cinnamon stick
- 4-5 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 box Badam Milk Mixture
- 2 Beaten Eggs
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Litres Full Cream Milk
- Add milk to the pot
- Add Badam mixture packet about 2/3 packet
- Add cardamom (Elachi), Cinnamon and Saffron
- Bring to a boil and taste, add sugar if you find necessary.
- Sift Klim and Baking Powder together
- Slowly add the eggs little at a time until it forms a sticky but workable dough. Knead for 2 minutes.
- Shape dough balls into small balls and slightly flatten.
- Poke a hole with a toothpick in each ball.
- Remove boiling milk from heat.
- Slowly and carefully add milk balls to the milk that is no longer boiling.
- Add milk to the heat again on medium heat, balls will double in size.
- Balls should flip over by themselves.
- Balls should cook for 15-20 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes, before transferring to a dish to refrigerate. Serve cold Kasmiri Chai
- Boil milk, add sugar, add tea bags and simmer on low heat until ready to serve
Garnish with a few strands of saffron or almonds or pistachio.
Serve with a cup of kasmiri chai, made with chopped pistachio and whole milk.