Snuggle bear Malva Pudding and homemade custard
- 500g golden syrup
- 100ml vanilla essence
- 500g butter
- 1kg brown sugar
- 900g apricot jam
- 2l milk
- 6 eggs
- 1kg flour
- 500g bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 750ml white vinegar
- 500ml fresh cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1kg white sugar
- Melt butter, sugar, jam and vinegar in pan on a medium high heat, remove from the heat once it has melted and allow to cool.
- Once cool, mix all dry ingredients together to wet ingredients and mix well and milk until it’s smooth, whisk in eggs and mix.
- Pour batter into lightly greased pan at 180 degrees for30 to four minutes until golden brown.
- Prepare syrup to top your pudding by all syrup ingredients into a sauce pan, sugar, golden syrup, butter and vanilla essence, bring to boil and add on pudding.
- In pan bring fresh cream and milk to gently heat.
- In a bowl, whisk separated egg yolks, corn flour and vanilla essence and white sugar.
- Pour to milk and cream mixture to the egg mixture, gently bit by bit and stir constantly.
- Back to the pan heat and gently whisk until thick and creamy.