Homegrown Tastes South Africa S2 Episode 2 recipe: Stuffed Roosterbrood
For the garlic herbed butter:
- 100g salted butter, room temperate
- handful, fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons, garlic, minced
For the roosterbrood:
- 6 Roosterbrood
- 100g Mozzarella, grated
- 125g Brie Cheese, sliced
- 4 tablespoons, onion marmalade
- 50-75g sundried tomato
- Fresh herbs, to serve.
- To make the herbed butter, soften the butter, and add in the garlic and chopped herbs. Place into a saucepan and melt together for the Roosterbrood.
- To prepare the Roosterbrood, cut diagonal slices into the top of the roosterbrood and stuff with the ingredients as you prefer, season. Brush with the melted butter and place into a preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with more melted butter, garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
This recipe can be adapted to preference, an array of different herbs could be used, examples are rosemary, thyme, dill, oregano etc.. fresh herbs can also be substituted with the dried version
Roosterbrood fillings can also be adjusted to taste preference, try using a stringy cheese that melts beautifully.