Teriyaki Salmon on Bed of Wasabi Mash with Charred Broccoli
Come Dine With Me South Africa S8: Ep2 Michael's recipes
- 4 Salmon fillets (250g each)
- 6 Medium Potatoes
- 500g Broccoli
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Garlic and Ginger, Sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons Cooking oil, brown unrefined sugar
- ½ cup each of the following: Saki (rice wine), mirin (sweet rice wine) and soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of the following: Butter, Wasabi
- ½ cup Cream
- 1 tablespoon
- Corn Starch (add double water)
- Chop/mince garlic and ginger.
- Heat cooking oil in wok on stove at medium-high heat.
- Add chopped garlic and ginger and fry in wok till fragrant (2-3min). Then add ½ cup Saki, ½ cup mirin, ½ cup soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar to wok and stir well.
- Cook down liquids in wok by 1/3, stirring occasionally, turn work to low heat and add corn starch and water slurry (1 part corn starch for every 2 parts water) and teriyaki sauce is done.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, place salmon on tray (space in between) and cover with Teriyaki sauce. Place in oven for 8-12 minutes depending on how you like you Salmon cooked.
- In a boiling pot of water add peeled and potatoes, boil for 15-20 minutes till soft. Then turn oven to low and mash potatoes while adding butter, cream and wasabi. Mash and stir for 5-10 minutes till smooth. Strain through mesh sieve.
- Fry broccoli in a pan with 2 tablespoons of cooking oil on medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes till soft and charred.
- Combine items on plate and serve.